Calare Properties' Lauren Plant Named 2015 "Woman of FIRE" by Banker and Tradesman
Hudson, MA - July 29th, 2015
Investor Relations specialist recognized for leadership role in predominately male-dominated real estate industry
Hudson, MA (July 29, 2015) - Calare Properties (Calare), a private, Massachusetts-based real estate investment firm and operator, announced today that Lauren Plant, Investor Relations at Calare, has been named a 2015 "Woman of FIRE" by Banker and Tradesman. The 5th Annual Women of FIRE award recognizes the best and brightest women in the local Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate sectors.
"We received many exceptional nominations for this year's Women of FIRE, but I am pleased to announce that our search has finally reached a conclusion," said Timothy M. Warren Jr., CEO of The Warren Group, Publisher of Banker & Tradesman. "We have narrowed it down to a deserving group of women who are rising to the top of this industry and achieving excellence on a day-to-day basis. They are pioneers, philanthropists, and innovators, and their powerful influence is being felt on the keystone sectors of the U.S. economy."
Since joining Calare, Plant has been dedicated to furthering the growth of the company, focusing on integrating finance, communication, marketing, and law compliance together to enable the most effective coordination between her team, its investors, and partners. In an effort to empower other women interested in the real estate and investment fields to not shy away, Plant leads Calare's Diversity Initiatives with a determination to attract additional women to the firm's workforce, as well as the real estate investment industry as a whole.
"I am truly honored to be recognized by Banker and Tradesman amongst this prestigious group of industry-leading women," commented Plant. "Recognitions like these are important in diversifying what many see as a predominately male-dominated industry. I am dedicated to encouraging aspiring women in the real estate field to further their passion and careers. I look forward to Calare's continued growth and am proud to play an integral role in the firm's success."
The following 15 women were named this year's Women of FIRE:
- Tina Bacci, Principal and Director of Research, Real Estate Sales Integration Solutions
- Leslie Bos, Real Estate Director, Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Margaret Briggs, Managing Principal, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Audra Dainora, Principal, Ardent Design LLC
- Jordanna Ferreira, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer, The Davis Companies
- Dena Hall, Western Mass Regional President, Chief Marketing Officer & President, United Bank Foundation Massachusetts
- Teresa Hassara, Executive Vice President and Head of Institutional Business, TIAA-CREF
- Jeannette Lanza, President, H.J. Knight International
- Jennifer Malboeuf Crampton, Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager - Community Lending & Investment, Wells Fargo
- Karen Marryat, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Blue Hills Bank
- Nancy Ann McCafferty, Senior Loan Officer, Massachusetts Housing Partnership
- Margery Piercey, Member, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Lauren Plant, Investor Relations, Calare Properties
- Paula Savard, President, Aberman and Associates
- Ellen Tan, CEO, Commonwealth Land Trust
About Calare Properties
Calare Properties is a private real estate manager and operator focused on acquiring warehouse, manufacturing, research and flex/office commercial real estate for the economic benefit of our investors and strategic partners. Since the firm's inception in 2003, Calare has led the acquisition of over 15 million square feet of properties representing $650 million in transactions through funds, direct deals and a multi-asset portfolio. Further information is available at www.calare.com.
About the Women of FIRE Awards:
Banker & Tradesman is shining a light on the female innovators who are making a significant impact on the finance, insurance and real estate (FIRE) industries. There is a growing amount of women who are paving the way in what was once a male-dominated sector, and as more and more women rise to the top of these industries, their achievements should be illuminated, acknowledging them and inspiring others.
Click here to download a copy of this press release (.pdf)